In fact, the free world’s future leader would probably dub her a 4.
But she gets the job done:
- Crisp romaine;
- Crunchy carrots;
- Tender eggs;
- Salty bacon & tangy cheese.
She’s a fridge-clearing marvel, and she feeds us in next to no time.
In my book, she’s a 10.
Dazzling Chopped Salad
This layered salad (a la cobb) came about from sheer need: Late meetings and activities meant dinner was a slapdash affair that had to stay fresh (and tasty) no matter when we grabbed it. A quick tour of the refrigerator yielded some leftover chicken, a few canned artichoke hearts, bacon, cheese and eggs. Layered in a glass bowl, dinner became more than the sum of its parts.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups cubed chicken
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs, hardboiled, then peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
Slice the romaine and place it in a bowl.
Layer on the carrots, artichoke hearts, chicken, bacon, eggs and blue cheese.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Let your hungry hordes drizzle it on their salad servings.